CEREC Chairside Economical
Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics
If the crown of your tooth has become damaged, you may be a good candidate for CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics), a sophisticated system that provides an alternative to fillings and crowns. CEREC digitally constructs a dental restoration (bridge, crown, inlay, onlay) using CAD/CAM technology and 3D photography to create a design without needing to take impressions. The crown will be specifically designed to match the color of your natural tooth and made to feel natural. Once the prosthetic has been constructed from the scan, the prosthetic will be placed.
Traditional tooth restoration procedures generally require an impression be made of the tooth, which can be an uncomfortable process that requires several repeated attempts to achieve the exact likeness. CEREC offers a faster, more comfortable, and more precise alternative. To ensure that you have a clear understanding of what is involved in the CEREC procedure and determine if CEREC is right for you, please refer to the information provided below. If you have additional questions or would like to schedule an appointment, contact us today at 281-359-9100, or visit our office at 2325 Timber Shadows Drive, Building A, Kingwood TX 77339.
We look forward to working with you, and helping you achieve the highest level of healthcare!
Benefits of CEREC
- Convenient: One of the biggest and most unique benefits of the CEREC procedure is that the design can be completed in one visit, compared to traditional methods which require multiple visits to complete.
- Finest Dental Materials: In addition to being convenient, CEREC tooth restoration also provides a restoration that will strengthen and improve the functionality and appearance of your natural teeth.
- Longevity: Because CEREC uses one single block of ceramic materials, it can withstand more wear and tear, meaning it will last much longer than traditional methods.
- Improved Structural Integrity: CEREC will strengthen and provide additional support to the existing tooth structure and improve the health and overall appearance of teeth affected by issues such as fractures, chips, and/or cracks.
- Allows for Simple Tooth Restorations: It is not uncommon for patients to avoid scheduling dental appointments to have simple restorations placed because of the long waiting period, but CEREC provides same day results.
- Preserves Existing Teeth: CEREC requires less drilling and tooth modification compared to traditional methods, which means you will preserve more of your natural existing teeth.
- Look Like Real Teeth: CEREC crowns are designed to match the shade of your natural teeth, resulting in a healthier, more aesthetically pleasing smile.
Following your CEREC procedure, it is important to avoid chewing foods that are chewy or sticky for at least 24 hours to avoiding cracking the restorations. It is also common for patients to experience some tooth sensitivity when eating or drinking food or beverages that are cold or hot, but this will typically go away after a few weeks. To continue enjoying good oral health and reduce the need for this type of procedure in the future, it is important to consistently follow good oral hygiene practices. In addition to brushing and flossing twice daily (at a minimum), be mindful of the types of food and beverages you consume, and avoid foods or substances that can negatively impact your oral health (chewing tobacco, staining foods, sugary drinks). It is equally important to schedule regular dental cleanings every six months, or more frequently, depending upon your unique oral health needs. If you follow these general guidelines, you will enjoy a healthy smile for many years to come!
Cost for CEREC Crowns
The cost of CEREC will depend upon how many restorations are made and what insurance coverage from your dental plan can be applied. It is important to be aware that you are fully responsible for all fees of treatment, and payment is due at the time of service, regardless of your insurance coverage. Monthly payment plans can be arranged, but this will need to be accomplished prior to the procedure being performed. Although we will not have a contractual arrangement with your provider, our staff is happy to assist with processing your insurance claim to ensure that you maximize your benefits and receive the high-quality care you need and deserve. For your convenience, we accept Mastercard, Visa and Discover.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Scheduling an appointment for CEREC is the first and most important step towards improving and maintaining your oral health. At Kingwood Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we are dedicated to creating an environment where open dialogue is encouraged, so we can ensure you have a thorough understanding of the procedure being performed, and confidence that you are receiving high-quality specialized care designed to meet your unique needs.
To learn more about CEREC or to schedule an appointment, contact us today at 281-359-9100, or visit our office, which is located at 2325 Timber Shadows Drive, Building A, Kingwood TX 77339.
We look forward to hearing from you, and are committed to providing you with exceptional quality dental care that is grounded in a deep sense of respect!