Smile Design for a Brilliant new Smile
One of the most common concern our patients express is a lack of self-confidence in their smile. This concern can be due to a variety of reasons, such as teeth that are damaged or missing, a smile that is uneven or gummy, or because their teeth are stained or discolored. If you currently have feelings of self-doubt or discontentment with the appearance of your smile, you may be a good candidate for smile design, an organized system that will artistically reshape, recolor, and redesign your teeth to improve the aesthetic appearance of your smile. In addition to helping you achieve your aesthetic goals, we are also committed to ensuring your smile design is structurally healthy and strong.
At Kingwood Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer a full scope of cosmetic dentistry procedures, ranging from veneers and teeth whitening to bridges, crowns, and dental implants. To ensure that you have a clear understanding of what is involved in the smile design process, and determine if smile design is right for you, please refer to the information provided below. If you have additional questions or would like to schedule an appointment, contact us today at 281-359-9100, or visit our office at 2325 Timber Shadows Drive, Building A, Kingwood TX 77339.
We look forward to working with you, and helping you achieve the highest level of healthcare!
Common Smile Design Procedures
Once you have developed a smile design plan you are satisfied with, you will be ready to schedule an appointment for the necessary procedure or procedures. The following are some of the more common procedures performed as part of the smile design process.
- Teeth Whitening: One of the most common concerns we hear from our patients is a lack of self-confidence in their smile. This concern can be due to a variety of reasons, but in most cases, patients feel self-conscious about their smile because their teeth are stained or discolored. There are a range of teeth whitening treatment plans that can help alleviate this issue and provide you with the bright, healthy smile you desire.
- Porcelain Veneers: A popular alternative to dental crowns, porcelain veneers are bonded to the outside of your teeth to create the appearance of teeth that are whiter and straighter, and correct cracked or chipped teeth.
- Porcelain Crowns: Unlike porcelain veneers, porcelain crowns cover all four sides of a tooth. Porcelain crowns are typically done to make individual teeth look whiter and/or as a replacement for older fillings.
- Porcelain Bridge: Patients that have a gap or gaps in their teeth may benefit from having a porcelain bridge placed, which will bridge the empty area using two anchor crowns and a replacement tooth.
- Dental Implants: Patients who are missing a tooth or teeth, or who are about to have a tooth extracted may consider including a dental implant as part of their smile design. Dental implants involve placing artificial roots made of titanium into the jaw. Once these posts have fused with the bone, an artificial tooth can be attached to an abutment, which will effectively improve the aesthetic appearance of your smile and improve overall functionality.
- Orthodontics: Braces, Invisalign, and other orthodontic methods are popular smile design treatment options for correcting crooked teeth. Orthodontic interventions may also be performed in conjunction with root canal therapy and/or tooth extraction.
The Smile Design Process
The first step in beginning the smile design process is to develop a smile design plan that is customized to your unique needs and specific goals. This smile design plan will be developed in conversation with you and your dentist and include a discussion of your personal treatment goals. We will also provide an overall examination to determine what procedures are best suited to meet your specific needs. If there is an underlying periodontal disease that is playing a role in your smile not having the appearance you would like, this will need to be treated prior to any cosmetic procedures being performed.
Our clinic is proud to provide services that can help improve or correct the following:
- Missing teeth
- Broken or cracked teeth
- Overcrowded or crooked teeth
- Teeth that are stained or discolored
- Misshapen or disproportionately sized teeth
- Gaps and spacing in teeth
Smile Design Cost & Insurance
The cost of smile design will depend upon what type and how many procedures you are having performed and what insurance coverage from your dental plan can be applied. It is important to be aware that if the cosmetic procedure you are having performed does not also improve functionality, it may not be covered by your plan. It is also important to be aware that you are fully responsible for all fees and payment is due at the time of service, regardless of your insurance coverage. Monthly payment plans can be arranged, but this will need to be accomplished prior to the procedure being performed. Although we will not have a contractual arrangement with your provider, our staff is happy to assist with processing your insurance claim to ensure that you maximize your benefits and receive the high-quality care you need and deserve. For your
convenience, we accept Mastercard, Visa and Discover.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Scheduling an appointment for smile design is the first and most important step towards having the smile you have always wanted. At Kingwood Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we are dedicated to creating an environment where open dialogue is encouraged, so we can ensure that you have a thorough understanding of procedures being performed, and confidence that you are receiving high-quality specialized care designed to meet your unique needs.
To learn more about cosmetic dental procedures for smile design, or to schedule an appointment, contact us today at 281-359-9100, or visit our office, which is located at 2325 Timber Shadows Drive, Building A, Kingwood TX 77339.
We look forward to hearing from you, and are committed to providing you with exceptional quality dental care
that is grounded in a deep sense of respect!