Family Dentist For All Ages
At Kingwood Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we are committed to providing a comprehensive range of services that meet the unique and varied needs of patients at every stage in their life, from children getting their first tooth and teenagers getting braces, to adults requiring crowns, implants, and dentures or deep cleanings and cosmetic improvements. Our clinic and staff are prepared to provide the comprehensive support you and your family deserve.
To ensure that you have a clear understanding of what procedures we offer, and what approaches we take to provide your family with optimal dental care, please refer to the information provided below. If you have additional questions or would like to schedule an appointment, contact us today at 281-359-9100, or visit our office at 2325 Timber Shadows Drive, Building A, Kingwood TX 77339.
Teaching Proper Oral Self-Care
Although it is important to take good daily care of your teeth and overall health, it is also important to perform correct self-care. One of the most important parts of self-care involves brushing your teeth properly.
Although we will be happy to demonstrate proper brushing technique in our office, the basic steps involve the following:
- Brush should be positioned towards the gums at a 45-degree angle
- Brushing should be done gently in short circular motions back and forth
- Brush all areas of the teeth (front, back, and tops), taking special care to reach the back molars
- Brush vertically when cleaning the inside surfaces of your front teeth
- Brush for two minutes, twice daily
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months
Regular Family Exams
Preventative support also comes in the form of providing regular dental exams (every six months is recommended, but may require more frequency in certain cases). At these regular appointments, we can provide your teeth with a professional deep cleaning, and evaluate the health of your teeth, gums, and mouth to identify any issues before they develop into something significantly worse. Although these exams will be modified for each individual’s specific needs, family exams typically include an evaluation of the following:
- Indications of gum disease: The bone and gums around your teeth will be evaluated for any indications of periodontitis
- Indications of tooth decay: An evaluation of tooth decay will be conducted using specialized instruments on your teeth surfaces
- Evaluation of existing restorations: Any existing fillings, crows, or restorations will be examined and corrected if necessary
- Oral cancer screening: One of the most important services we provide is examining your lips, gum, throat, neck, and face for indications of oral cancer
- X-rays: If necessary, X-rays or other diagnostic tests will be taken to detect bone loss, decay, tumors, cysts, and/or to inform procedural approaches
Additional preventative services our clinic offers include:
- Dental Sealants
- Fluoride Treatment
- Mouth Guards and Night Guards
- Periodontal Therapy
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Although your oral health is our number one concern, we are also dedicated to ensuring that you have a smile that you can feel confident in. Our clinic is proud to provide services that can help improve or correct the following:
- Missing teeth
- Broken or cracked teeth
- Overcrowded or crooked teeth
- Teeth that are stained or discolored
- Misshapen or disproportionately sized teeth
- Gaps and spacing in teeth
Adult Individualized Dental Services
We are just as committed to providing adult clients with the individualized care they require as we are younger clients. Our clinic offers a range of procedures that are commonly performed due to the natural changes and issues that accompany aging, including periodontal therapy, oral implants, and/or a range of cosmetic procedures. Along with providing you with these necessary supports, we also provide continuity of care and optimal treatment options based on your unique treatment plan.
Schedule an Appointment Today
At Kingwood Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we are dedicated to creating an environment where open dialogue is encouraged, so we can ensure you and your family have a thorough understanding of any procedure or treatment being performed, and confidence that you are receiving high-quality specialized care designed to meet your family’s unique needs.
To learn more about our family dentistry procedures and practices, or to schedule an appointment, contact us today at 281-359-9100, or visit our office, which is located at 2325 Timber Shadows Drive, Building A, Kingwood TX 77339.
We look forward to hearing from you and are committed to providing you with exceptional quality dental care
that is grounded in a deep sense of respect!