Deep Teeth Cleaning
and Scaling & Root Planing
One of the most important services we offer to our clients is preventative dental care, especially in the form of deep teeth cleanings and scaling and root planing, which we recommend patients schedule at least every six months. In addition to providing these important cleanings on a regular basis, these appointments will also allow us to evaluate the health of your teeth, gums, and mouth and identify any issues before they develop into something significantly worse. One of the most common issues that can develop if left untreated is periodontal disease. When gum disease advances to the level of periodontitis, the gums will begin to recede and the gum pockets will deepen, which allows for more bacteria to accumulate, increasing your likelihood of developing an infection and/or your gums becoming inflamed.
Although there are a variety of methods and procedures for providing periodontal therapy, the underlying goal is to restore tissues that have become diseased back to a healthy state. Deep teeth cleaning and scaling and root planing procedures are one of the most effective for addressing and reversing this issue.
A significant element of maintaining a good oral health routine is scheduling regular exams and cleanings. Patients who have developed or at risk of developing periodontal disease may need to schedule these cleanings with more frequency. If you would like to learn more about deep teeth cleaning and scaling and root planing, and steps you can take to treat gum disease and gum recession, or if you would like to schedule an appointment for periodontal therapy, you can reach us at 281-359-9100, or our office is located at 2325 Timber Shadows Drive, Building A, Kingwood TX 77339.
Benefits of Deep Teeth Cleaning and Scaling & Root Planing
There are numerous benefits associated with having a deep teeth cleaning and scaling and root planing procedure performed on a consistent basis, including the following:
- Reduced Risk of Developing Gum Disease: Scaling and root planing is one of the most effective methods for halting, reversing, and preventing gum disease from developing or progressing. Gum disease typically presents as inflammation, bleeding, or swelling in the gums, and if left untreated for too long, can result in the loss of teeth and deterioration of the jawbone.
- Eliminates/Improves Halitosis: One of the most common side effects of patients with oral health issues or gum disease is halitosis (bad breath). Scheduling regular deep teeth cleanings and scaling and root planing procedures can help reduce or eliminate this issue.
- Prevent Cavities: When plaque collects around your teeth, it will eventually begin to eat at the enamel. If left untreated long enough, plaque will cause cavities to develop, and eventually can result in the need for a tooth to be extracted. Scheduling regular deep teeth cleaning and scaling and root planing is an effective method for ensuring that plaque does not have the opportunity to cause this level of damage.
- Reduced Risk of Diabetes: Individuals who have gum disease are more susceptible to having issues regulating their blood glucose levels, which puts them at a significantly increased risk of developing diabetes.
- Reduced Risk of Stroke or Heart Attack: Along with the damage bacteria can cause to your gums and teeth, collected bacteria in the mouth is also susceptible to entering your blood stream, which can increase your risk of having a stroke or heart attack.
Aftercare for Deep Teeth Cleaning
To continue enjoying good oral health and reduce your risk of developing oral health issues in the future, it is important to continue brushing and flossing (twice daily, minimum), be mindful of the types of food and beverages you consume, and avoid foods or substances that can negatively impact your oral health (chewing tobacco, staining foods, sugary drinks). It is equally important to schedule regular dental exams every six months, or more frequently, depending upon your unique oral health needs. If you follow these general guidelines, you will significantly reduce your risk of developing periodontal disease, and enjoy a healthy smile for many years to come!
Cost and Insurance for Deep Teeth Cleaning
The cost of your deep teeth cleaning and scaling and root planing will depend upon the severity of your case, whether sedation was used, and what insurance coverage from your dental plan can be applied. It is important to be aware that if the cosmetic procedure you are having performed does not also improve functionality, it may not be covered by your plan.
It is also important to be aware that you are fully responsible for all fees and payment is due at the time of service, regardless of your insurance coverage. For your convenience, we accept Mastercard, Visa and Discover. Monthly payment plans can be arranged, but this will need to be accomplished prior to the procedure being performed. Although we will not have a contractual arrangement with your provider, our staff is happy to assist with processing your insurance claim to ensure that you maximize your benefits and receive the high-quality care you need and deserve.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Scheduling an appointment for deep teeth cleaning and scaling and root planing is the first and most important step towards improving and maintaining your oral health. At Kingwood Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we are dedicated to creating an environment where open dialogue is encouraged, so we can ensure you have a thorough understanding of the procedure being performed, and confidence that you are receiving high-quality specialized care designed to meet your unique needs. To learn more about deep teeth cleaning and scaling and root planing, or to schedule an appointment, contact us today at 281-359-9100, or visit our office, which is located at 2325 Timber Shadows Drive, Building A, Kingwood TX 77339.
We look forward to hearing from you, and are committed to providing you with exceptional quality dental care that is grounded in a deep sense of respect!